- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- Synechron Inc.
- 27 Jul 17
Synechron Inc on behalf of our financial client is looking for the Calypso Production Support professional. This is a long-term role and is based in Charlotte,NC
Production Support Analyst who will provide support and maintenance of fixed-income trading and sales applications in production with emphasis on Calypso.
The candidate will provide on-call support for production applications and work closely with other team members, proprietary and vendor development staff and various other teams to resolve issues. The position requires analytical skills and the ability to provide solutions to issues. The candidate should be willing to learn the business and respond to both technical and business related issues and enquiries in a professional and concise manner.
- Application Support of the front office/Milddle office/Backoffice trading platforms.
- Work closely with business partners to troubleshoot and resolve all issues and inquiries.
- Ownership and accountability for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform
- Escalation support for the members of the team located in other regions including evenings and weekends on a rotational basis
- Ownership and participation in the Problem and Incident management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
- Providing oversight for the stability of the production environment within the change management process ensuring policies are enforced and adhered to
- Relationship management internally with the trading desks, operations teams, and other infrastructure partners
- Navigate the wider technology organization; build relationships to manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partners.
- Interface with external vendors and their technical support and development organizations ensuring focus to resolution of issues and strategic enhancements.
- Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team.
- 5+ years systems support analysis experience
- 3+ Years of Financial Services experience
- Hands-on knowledge around system - and UI functionality of Calypso
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
- Advanced usage and understanding of SQL query language on Sybase, Oracle, and Microsoft databases, PERL, UNIX, and Windows scripting experience
- Object oriented development language knowledge preferably Java
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented working methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology-related field, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering