- $50-$75 per hr
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Samiti Technology Inc.
- 23 Sep 16
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Coordinate business requirements: identifying, tracking and resolving application systems issues.
- Elicits, assesses, researches, and analyzes business/stakeholder requirements. Documents these appropriately in accordance with project methodology and software development lifecycle deliverables.
- Ensures traceability is established from the beginning of the requirements process through the delivery of the project
- Openly participates in requirements walkthroughs
User Acceptance Testing
- Composes all necessary user acceptance test scripts and scenarios. Documents these appropriately in accordance with project methodology and software development lifecycle deliverables.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Develops high level plans for completion of requirements and user acceptance phases of projects, improving in the level of detail and accuracy of estimates over time.
- Completes additional deliverables as dictated by the project. .
- Supports other project team members, including project manager, QA analyst, developers, Client, and other BSAs.
- Assists business lines in project prioritization
- Verifies high-level estimates of BSA time needed on a project
- Signs off on delivery documents, as necessary
- Owns and drives continuous improvement items to improve the Analyst Team
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Position Requirements/ Specifications
Education/Experience (to enter position)
- Senior position requires 7+ years of experience in technology project work, spread across multiple disciplines of development, project management, business/systems analysis, and vendor management
- Requires a college degree or sufficient related work experience.
- Financial services preferred but not required.
Business Systems Analyst – Advanced
An Advanced Business Systems Analyst works with complex information systems and develops or modifies existing systems through analysis of business and user needs.
Expertise in systems required to review capacity, limitation, delivery and results. Job mandate for an Advanced Business Systems Analyst is small or medium development projects or maintenance projects.
Emphasis is split between testing and documentation. Responsible for analyzing and documenting findings, making recommendations, and revising system logic difficulties.
Supports systems design, implementation and testing. Responsible for creating detailed specifications from which software programs will be written.
May be required to perform cost/benefit/risk analysis.
- Define and develop, with guidance, detailed business requirements while identifying, tracking and resolving business systems issues
- Assess, research, analyze and document sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle utilizing reporting tools, requirements gathering methodologies, process models, data models and prototypes
- Recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients
- Works with Program Manager to identify tasks and scheduling
- May work closely with or delegate assignments to other members of the immediate workgroup. Some responsibilities for directing tasks of less experienced BSA's may be required.
- May complete end user documentation and prepare training material
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure quality
- Facilitate small group meetings and one-on-one interviews
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3-6 years experience as a business systems analyst
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Advanced ability to resolve minor conflicts/issues using different tactics for prior to escalation
- Advanced knowledge of cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in the following methods: interviewing, data modeling, business process modeling, business object modeling and user interface
- Advanced knowledge of computer software
- Interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Ability to drive results and mentor and provide constructive feedback
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Organized with strong time management