Senior Systems Analyst
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brown Advisory
- 25 Sep 16
Every firm has a culture- the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms—the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors -- have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm that is obsessed with putting clients first --not because it’s good for business--but because we truly care about each and every client. We feel privileged to work with them and take personal satisfaction in not only providing them with the highest level of service, but also first-class performance and strategic advice. Our firm was founded in 1993 and serves institutional and private clients in 50 states and more than 34 countries and territories from offices in Baltimore, Washington, D.C., London, New York, Boston, Wilmington, Del. and Chapel Hill, N.C. While every investment firm tries to attract the most qualified professionals, we place a premium on only selecting those individuals who fit our culture and bring sought-after skills to our team. In fact, each of Brown Advisory’s 500 colleagues own equity in the firm. Our ownership structure aligns our interests with our clients and results, which also reduces colleague turnover.
Brown Advisory’s Information Technology group is seeking a proactive and professional individual to serve as a Senior Systems Analyst. The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for systems analysis, requirements definition, systems integration, testing, and support of new and existing software applications in alignment with key business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition, development, integration and documentation of system business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments. This role will be heavily focused on delivery of system solutions via projects and tasks.
- Interface with users and domain experts, ensure that reporting development goals are captured in deliverables and that milestones are met, assist with resolution of production issues on an as needed, basis and develop optimized stored procedures and views for reuse.
- Consistently write, translate, and code system reports, automation jobs, and database queries according to business requirements.
- Assist with implementation of new software and upgrades of existing software.
- Research and resolve software related problems, enhance programs and reports, and provide end user support for system implementations and upgrades.
- Communicate with vendor software support personnel to support implementations and upgrades, and to resolve issues encountered with vendor software.
- Support and execute software testing phases, including systems test, integration testing, and user acceptance testing. Assist the team in ensuring system quality, integrity and performance.
- Create and maintain related technical documentation and business process mapping.
- Work with the Help Desk, Operations Management and the Production Support Team as needed
- Troubleshoot functional issues in a complex financial environment, with various applications and architecture
- Cross-train with other team members in order to facilitate coverage on projects and to insure that expertise is shared.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five to ten years of financial services experience, in particular working in or supporting Operations/Back Office/Reporting/Billing/Compliance functions.
- Portfolio accounting and performance measurement experience.
- Experience in SSRS Development
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server development (stored procedures, views, triggers, functions, query optimization, and SSIS)
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server administration (security, performance tuning, index strategies, configuration options)
- Specific systems experience:
- Advent APX Suite, which includes Dataport, DataExchange, Report Writer, Import/Export, Scripting
- Advent proprietary report language (“replang”)
- BPA Automate or other automation tools
- Electra Reconciliation or other 3rd party custodial data reconciliation tools
- Charles River, Advent Moxy, or other Order Management (Trading) Systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access, especially pivot tables, reports, and charts
- Strong analytical skills, follow-up capability, and problem-solving ability
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy Services
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Long Term Disability
- Travel Accident
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.