Senior Java Developer
- Marlborough, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 28 Jun 17
Senior Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment and Portfolio Technology group is staffing a Senior Software Engineer position to fulfill a key role on the Benchmarks Management Technology team within Wellington. The team is responsible for building and maintaining applications and systems to setup, process and maintain benchmarks data which is utilized by investors to measure portfolio performance and make order management decisions.
This position requires proficiency and experience in software development using Java and Web based technologies. While prior business domain knowledge is not mandatory, any experience in the financial industry will be a plus.
- Collaborate with a team of globally distributed staff and consultants to deliver premier software solutions.
- The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers in the technical stack.
- Work with business team members, project managers/analysts, other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Provide technical direction to both onshore and offshore development team members with regards to iteration planning, release planning, and work prioritization across all Benchmark applications
- Partner with application/data architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- 7+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing Web Applications and Services using JAVA, Spring, and other related technologies, preferably in an Agile environment, and/or
- Demonstrated expertise in database technologies (Oracle/Postgres) with strong SQL and Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience with XML, JSON, shell scripting and UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Build tools like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins and Sonar.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and their application.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services is a strong plus.
- Financial Services background is a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is a plus.
- Willingness to work independently in a high energy, dynamic, business-critical and team oriented-environment.
- Passion to innovate, critical thinking, challenging the status quo are important tenets of the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong follow through skills.
- A stand out colleague, with great interpersonal skills and ability to work in collaboration across teams.
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate will go a long way.
Senior Java Developer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .