- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Savings Bank
- 26 Sep 16
Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and hosted information systems that support core organizational functions including Active Directory, VMWare and Windows server environments. Additionally, ensure high levels of availability and security of the IT infrastructure. Participate in the planning and implementation of network configuration, security infrastructure, monitoring and maintenance solutions, documentation as well as upgrades and improvement projects of all said systems to ensure system provisioning and service delivery that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Areas:
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use as needed for existing or new systems.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, maintain and support the enterprise’s security architecture design with respect infrastructure and operating systems.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, security and performance.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems with industry best practices; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Act as a resource for second and third tier PC support problems and coordinate problem resolution as needed.
- Provide infrastructure support and daily administration of infrastructure components, tools and systems such as Cisco and Meraki Switches, Citrix, VMWare, Simplivity, EMC Avamar, Good Work, AppNeta, NetCrunch, etc.
- Provide management, technical and end-user support for key technologies such as virtualization, mobile computing and remote access.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all bank problems, issues and opportunities.
- Supervise and lead technical projects.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- College education, university degree or equivalent technical experience.
- 5 – 7 years’ work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing server development and configuration. MCSE, CCNA, and CCNP are helpful but not required.
- Ability to diagnose, research and correct hardware and software configuration problems, making appropriate changes as required.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and virtualized environments. Similar experience with associated network equipment, including Cisco switches is a strong plus.
- Experience installing documenting and maintaining systems configuration in a regulatory environment strongly desired.
- Project management experience required; prior management of staff is helpful.
- Experience with Simplivity, Meraki, AppNeta, VMware, VoIP systems, MSSQL, Server 2012 R2, and Microsoft Exchange desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to move/handle equipment weighing approximately 40 lbs.
- Ability to work very flexible work schedule; i.e., weekends, evenings, and on-call as needed.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.