Senior Client Service Associate
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 22 Sep 16
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Provides proactive, efficient and courteous client service to assigned institutional clients which are primarily located outside the United States (ie: Japan, Middle East, Europe, UK, Australia). The Boston-based Senior Client Service Associate will be an integral part of the non-US client relationship team, working closely with and supporting Relationship Managers and Business Development Directors with all aspects of the client relationship. Client service activities include inquiry response, meeting preparation, operational and product research, and routine and custom account management. The Senior Client Service Associate will also work closely with a variety of the firm’s internal departments as it relates to performing the relationship management function. As this position deals mainly with clients outside of the US, non-standard hours may be required.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of institutional clients, serving as a primary point of contact for assigned clients.
- Routinely analyzes customer questions, requests and problems; utilizing product and fiduciary knowledge, provides appropriate responses and solutions to clients. Determines when issues/questions requiring highly technical interpretation should be brought to the attention of a more senior level individual.
- Serves as technical resource to the team, utilizing available resources and a demonstrated ability to handle both standard and non-standard situations through application of systems and product knowledge. This includes knowledge of institutional investment strategies and client investment guidelines as well as analysis and explanation of performance data, attribution and investment characteristics.
- Responsible for workflow, production and enhancements to, client review presentations and ad-hoc material requests, working with other members of the
- client service team as necessary.
- Assist in coordination of Boston client meetings.
- Working with Business Development Directors, coordinate and participate in new business development meetings (introductory, due diligence, finals, etc.) for Middle Eastern, Asian and Australian prospects and consultants in Boston (or affiliate company location) working with appropriate support, marketing etc. teams.
- Coordinates with other areas within Eaton Vance to ensure that high quality and comprehensive client service is provided to all clients, in accordance with defined parameters. Provides project leadership/management to initiatives that will enhance Eaton Vance’s ability to service institutional clients.
- Frequent direct contact with client base by phone and email and at times, in person.
- Participates in broader institutional projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Progress towards CFA charter or MBA encouraged.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in client service, operations, sales, consultant relations or portfolio management support.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage projects and independently analyze customer questions/requests/problems and provide appropriate responses/solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team—including the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required within six months of start date.
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110