Senior Analyst, Fundamental Equity
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Off Wall Street
- 23 Sep 16
Off Wall Street, the highly regarded US independent equity research boutique, seeks a Senior long & short seller Analyst. Based in Cambridge, MA (Harvard Square), Off Wall Street has served the financial community for over 25 years.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience at a buy side investment firm
- Fundamental Equity experience is a must
- Exceptional research and demonstrable writing skills
- An independent streak
- Demonstrable record of short sale and/or value long idea generation a MUST
The story behind Off Wall Street’s extraordinary track record:
Off Wall Street (OWS) is an independent equity research firm located in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. OWS provides fundamental research and buy and sell recommendations to hedge funds and other professional money managers. OWS publishes profitable, actionable, and exceptionally thorough ideas at a cost effective price.
OWS has developed its research process over a 25 year period, since its founding in 1990. OWS does not rely on management guidance. OWS research is based on public documents, conversations with industry contacts developed over many years, and extensive fieldwork. OWS does not employ expert networks.
OWS produces business model productivity analysis based strictly on its own findings. Large differences between the results implied by consensus forecasts and the results implied by OWS’s proprietary models trigger recommendations.
OWS publishes about 20 to 25 new ideas (Market Caps generally over $1B) annually. Thus, each of the 8 OWS analysts writing research publishes only 3- 5 ideas a year, which allows for an unusually thorough and thoughtful analysis. This leads to superior results.
The OWS track record has been exceptional:
- The OWS 20 year batting average, calculated from 1993 to the end of 2013, is 0.786, which means recommended positions have been closed with gains nearly 80% of the time. Typical holding period is about 9 months. Since 1993, Off Wall Street has closed out 449 positions, with 353 winners and just 96 losers.
- In every year since 1995, the OWS model portfolio has outperformed both of its benchmarks, an S&P 500 Index Short and a Russell 2000 index short.
- OWS results are transparent. OWS reports quarterly performance in substantial detail, including absolute and relative performance of the OWS model portfolios and batting average.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your resume.
Closing date: Friday, 7 October 2016