- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 28 Apr 17
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager providing investment solutions for clients across the world. The Quantitative Strategies Group at Columbia manages approximately $18 billion in domestic and international equity mandates using a systematic process driven by quantitative stock selection research. Members of the quantitative research team perform factor and alpha model research, produce customized analyses, and write periodic commentary to enable investment teams across the firm in their pursuit to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns.
The quantitative analyst will contribute to research on stock selection signals, alpha models, and portfolio construction under the guidance of senior members of the team. He/She will perform a wide range of data driven analyses, help enhance the team’s research and analytics platforms, and share responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of all models. The position provides an opportunity to learn the field of quantitative finance, while making an impactful contribution to the success of the group. The quantitative analyst will also have opportunities to collaborate with fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers across the organization to exchange ideas, communicate insights, and broaden their area of expertise.
* Prepare, manage, and analyze large data sets to answer questions of interest.
* Participate in research projects that support investment decision processes under the guidance of senior researchers.
* Assist in enriching the team’s research and production infrastructure and analytics capabilities.
* Help conduct daily due diligence on stocks’ quantitative ratings, and answer inquiries from investment teams.
* Analyze factor and model performance periodically and communicate insights.
* Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering etc.)
* 2+ years of relevant work experience.
* Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Intellectual curiosity – must be thrilled by the opportunity for continuous learning.
* Strong verbal and written communication.
* Detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated and able to work independently and in a team setting.
* Programming ability in any language. Experience with R, Python, or SQL preferred.
* Progress towards CFA designation or experience in financial markets preferred.
* Masters degree in a quantitative field preferred.