Asset Management, Private Bank Mortgage Underwriter, Westmont, IL
- Westmont, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan's Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world's premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
- Underwrite mortgage loans for high net worth individuals.
- Underwriter is expected to independently identify potential risks and mitigating factors that could impact the customer's ability to repay the loan.
- Individual will analyze business/consumer financial statements, individual credit reports, calculate cash flow and balance sheet ratios as appropriate, review other relevant information, and recommend the credit decision.
- Underwriter to ensure the transaction adheres to mortgage lending regulations and appropriate credit policies.
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMCâ€™s review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this
position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx
- The candidate should be detail-oriented
- Possess strong analytic skills and have problem solving capabilities.
- Individual must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through development of self and others.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business management or substantial previous mortgage lending experience.
- At least five years of mortgage lending and underwriting experience.
- Possess strong PC skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills