Senior Quant Developer / Risk Developer
- USD150000 - USD225000 per annum + bonus
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley Banking & Financial Services
- 14 Aug 17
Mid-sized financial firm / Hedge fund is seeking an experienced Principal Quant Developer to take ownership over new Risk Management and Pricing initiatives. You will be hands on in software development, design, architecture, while remaining highly mathematical and leveraging your quantitative expertise to build these new, business critical Risk and Pricing systems.
Principal Quant Developer
A growing tech team within a Chicago Hedge Fund is seeking an experienced Risk Developer with both quantitative and software programming skills (R, Python, and/or Java) to create world class Enterprise Risk and Pricing Applications.
You will be hands on in software development, design, architecture, while remaining highly mathematical and leveraging your quantitative expertise to build these new, business critical Risk and Pricing systems.
This is a highly critical, visible, role for the firm, so you should be extremely driven, autonomous, and eager to make a significant impact.
What will you be doing:
- Owning a greenfield risk development initiatives while working in small team
- Providing innovative solutions to complex problems in the risk space and implementing new risk models
- Collaborating directly with the business and end users
- Remaining hands-on and technical through Java, Python, and/or R programming
- Utilizing your quantitative skills, experience with Monte Carlo simulations, statistical and stochastic methods
- Risk domain expertise (6+ years in risk management, risk modelling, etc)
- Recent experience building Risk and/or Pricing Systems
- Java programming skills
- Quantitative skills / Quantitative development experience (Monte Carlo simulations, statistical and stochastic methods)
- 6+ years within the Finance industry
- Knowledge of OTC Derivatives (credit, options, CDS, interest rates, etc)
- 10+ years professional experience preferred
- Ability to self-manage and make business critical technical decisions
The firm provides very competitive compensation (base, bonus, equity) and relocation aid to exceptional, non-local candidates.
Please apply directly or contact Shay at s.edelcup at Huxley.com if interested
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.