Client Services Representative
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 29 Apr 17
Client Services Representative
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IB is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). IBKR's market capitalization is in excess of $12 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays an important role in trading and brokerage worldwide; executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 9% of all listed equity options worldwide. [i]
[i] Figures as of December 31, 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
Interactive Brokers seeks high-level, serious individuals with the financial services industry background and professional demeanor suitable for interaction with an experienced and active clientele base. The ideal candidate will have a strong math and technical aptitude, the ability to troubleshoot and explain complex subjects, and the capacity to identify opportunities for technology-based improvements.
Resolve routine and complex client service issues in a thorough and expeditious manner, utilizing sound judgment with an emphasis on courtesy.
Client inquiries typically encompass a broad array of themes including:
Operability of IB Trader Workstation, Web Trader and Mobile Trader execution platforms including trading modules and analytical tools; Cash deposit and withdrawal activity, position transfers, and account administrative functions.
Product availability and attributes; Exchange, clearing and depository functions; Order types and routing logic; Order status, trade and delivery settlement, exercise & assignment, expiration processing, and corporate actions.
Margin calculations; Commission structure, interest and fee.
Coordinate activities with other local and international Customer Service divisions and interaction with external departments such as Programming, Clearing, Cashiering and Compliance on common issues. Contribute to the development of client service systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree is required.
- Experience in financial services position (e.g., brokerage, banking, trading, exchange or clearinghouse) preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat.
- In depth understanding of the following financial instruments: stocks, securities options, futures, options on futures, foreign exchange and fixed income.
- Working knowledge of various exchange operations and regulations, product offerings and specifications, execution platforms and rules, and margin methodologies.
- Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 or ability to obtain licenses.
- Multi-language skills a plus.