Financial Management Group - Legal Entity Control, Manager
- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
Financial Management Group - Legal Entity Control, Manager
The Financial Management Group (FMG) is focused on managing Macquarie's funding and capital, while providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management. It ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial regulatory and compliance obligations. The Finance Division supports Macquarie's operating groups by providing financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory reporting and business advisory services. The division works closely with Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations to support each of Macquarie's Operating Groups.
Macquarie is opening a Global Finance Services center in Jacksonville in early 2016, creating a range of highly skilled financial services jobs. Our Global Finance Services (GFS) team focuses on improving scalability and efficiency by centralizing Macquarie-wide finance activities and processes.
We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies, who have a natural tendency to problem solve, and who continually think about improving the way things are done.
Macquarie is excited to be coming to Jacksonville - candidate interviews will commence in late 2015 with the Macquarie Jacksonville office opening in early 2016.
Key responsibilities include:
Vice Presidents in the LEC team play a key role in the overall management of designated legal entities. Your primary role is to support and promote the Legal Entity Control team and act as the Legal Entity Controller for more complex / higher risk entities.
You will be expected to have extensive engagement with Business teams & External stakeholders (Auditors, Directors etc.) and well demonstrated communication and presentation skills; along with the capability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation.
Financial Reporting responsibilities:
- Review of Financial statements and analytical summaries prepared by the team to ensure their adherence with the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) requirements
- Management of the Statutory audit process for the entities assigned to you, involved from the Audit engagement and planning stage up until the conclusion of the audit assignment and obtaining the audit clearances
- Identify, escalate and assist with resolution of financial reporting issues impacting the legal entities, including non-compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), managing audit issues and resolving and obtaining audit clearances for subsidiary financial statements
- Review of financial reports for Board Meetings
- Representing Finance in Board meetings, summarizing and presenting the information to senior stakeholders and Directors and being able to provide relevant financial context to the business information
- Perform legal entity controller responsibilities for a cluster of high and super high complex legal entities, review of their statutory balance sheet and P&L, annual tax questionnaires, legal entity capital management initiatives, etc.
- Assist Group tax in providing the financial information required to support the tax returns. Plan and support the tax return process by ensuring accurate and timely financial inputs are provided to the tax team
Function management responsibilities:
- Possess expertise on concepts, practices and procedures relevant to LEC and make appropriate judgments
- Develop a strong business understanding and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
- Demonstrate innovation with a focus to improve processes; enhance efficiencies and add value, ensuring quality consciousness in all aspects of the team
- Demonstrate strong planning and organising skills that helps balance between often competing priorities
- Involvement in migration of finance responsibilities between regions.
People management responsibilities:
- Manage a team (5 - 8 staff) financial reporting staff
- Talent management - recruitment of appropriate talent level, provide relevant training and develop new starters.
- Act as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles and decisions
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able achieve do this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
What this means for you:
- 10+ years of post-qualification experience including 5+ years of people management experience
- A willingness to travel overseas to build relationships with key stakeholders
- The role requires engagement with stakeholders working across multiple time zones, hence the flexibility to work across regular and early / late hours is important.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Desire to lead and guide others to achieve goals and objectives
- Places importance on enabling and supporting team members to maximize their capability
- Open communicator who is keen to share and receive knowledge
- Energized by the opportunity to build relationships across the business and globe and build collaboration
- Continuous drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business
- Strong cross-function communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Focus on qualitative improvements to work product
- Ability to effectively escalate up the chain when required
- Demonstrate capability and willingness to be "hands-on"
- Demonstrate established competency in planning and organizing; you need to be a well organized self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, uniformed service, protected veteran status, a physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: 26 Feb 2016 Eastern Standard Time