Senior Investment Writer - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 16
A top-tier, multi-billion dollar institutional equity asset management firm is currently looking to hire a Senior Investment Writer with 5 - 10+ years of investment writing experience within the asset management industry.
Senior Investment Writer
A top-tier, multi-billion dollar institutional equity asset management firm is looking to hire a Senior Investment Writer who will supports the firm's sales and client service groups. The writer will prepare commentaries and other written materials in order to illustrate portfolio strategy, positioning and investment insights across all of the Firm's strategies.
• Generate high quality written regular and ad hoc investment communication materials including client reports, market commentaries, articles and other literature which will be used in a variety of client interactions and media.
• Provide effective communication material for clients and new business prospects in the institutional and wholesale markets
• Use observations about investment, company and market themes, as well as knowledge of topical issues and the Firm's latest thinking and investment ideas to generate insightful content for articles and thought pieces and other literature
• Proofread, edit and improve writing by colleagues, ensuring that it is accurate and has integrity of investment messaging.
• In collaboration with team members, prepare and update presentation materials for use with existing and prospective clients, institutional consultants and retail research houses.
• Interact closely with marketing and other investment professionals
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Business, Communications or Finance
• Ideal candidate has 7 - 10+ years experience in the asset managent industry with a minimum five years of experience as an investment writer (financial services industry experience would be considered)
• Extensive knowledge of financial markets and investment/financial concepts, with ability to understand and communicate product strategy
• Proven experience with financial writing / investment writing at an asset management firm is preferred although experience at a financial institution or financial publication would be considered
• Demonstrate ability to capture complex ideas and express them in a clear, concise and engaging writing style
• Experience using Factset Portfolio Analytics is a plus. Quantitative aptitude: comfortable with analyzing data and portfolio reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the proven ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.