Investment Operations Analyst
Are you a problem solver? Do you love a fast paced environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Prepare allocation instructions to instruct the administrator to complete subscription, redemption and transfer agreements
- This task requires an understanding of the restrictions of each of our funds of hedge funds as well as a need to monitor for trade splitting
- The investment operations specialist may be required to negotiate transfers, and communicate agreed terms to affected parties
• Identification of investment Terms and Conditions (such as liquidity terms, fees, voting rights, new issue eligibility, ERISA eligibility, special investment and redemption instructions) from a review of offering documents, Articles of Association, side letter agreements and investment management agreements. This is verified prior to investment and every year we stay invested in a fund.
• Produce liquidity views of investment funds across the AIS portfolios for investment decision support purposes.
• Monitor and follow up with managers and fund administrators regarding the collection of redemption proceeds, AUM's of legal entities we are invested in, trade confirmations and various other items as the need arises.
You'll be working in the Investment Operations team in Stamford CT. We are responsible for executing the buying, selling and transferring of hedge fund decisions made by our Portfolio Managers. The team also focuses closely on maintaining liquidity data and monitoring liquidity guidelines as Portfolios are launched and on an ongoing basis.
Your experience and skills
• Undergraduate degree: Preferably Accounting or Finance related and including company law or company secretarial modules
• Experience in Fund of Hedge Fund operations or administration, focusing on:
- reviewing hedge fund offering documents, side letters, subscription agreements
- interpreting liquidity terms and modeling contractual liquidity to identify redemption windows applicable to investments
- reviewing proxy notices and corporate actions to identify alterations to investors rights
- instructing fund administrators in completion of subscription agreements
- Settlement of hedge fund subscriptions, redemptions, transfers and class switches
– Proficient in Excel and in Windows environment.
– Highly motivated, dedicated, energetic, flexible, independent and proactive.
– Attentive to detail.
– A great communicator with strong analytical skills.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.