Sr. Business Analyst - Hedge Fund
- very competitive
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Oakridge Staffing
- 13 Sep 16
Mid-sized alternative asset firm is looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will focus on compliance. This role has been created by a growing firm with growing complexities.
This role will be primarily responsible for working with the business to take owner of the technology Compliance space.
- Serve as the liaison between various business units and the technology team.
- Analyze business needs by examining the current processes, defining new processes, identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Document and translate business requirements into systems specification documentation including use cases, wireframes and workflow diagrams.
- Collaborate with developers to determine functionality options and associated level of effort and to communicate any tradeoffs between usability and cost to the business units.
- financial services experience required, preferably in the Hedge Fund industry or sell-side
- ompliance and trade workflows including knowledge of reporting requirements across multiple jurisdictions.
- Solid business knowledge in financial instruments (multi-asset class) and security master data.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Project management experience including ability to effectively gather requirements, scope and prioritize projects.
- Database knowledge with an understanding of computer programming
- Ability to understand / conceptualize software architecture / data workflows.
- Strong technical skills including Visio, Excel, MS Project, and Jira with ability to interface with technology teams and translate business process needs into software requirements.