Client On Boarding Representative
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 25 Jul 17
Client On Boarding Representative
Interactive Brokers LLC ("IB") is a direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing broker for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. The firm serves more than 400,000 customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. By building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business IB is able to maintain a low cost base. For example, the firm employs fully automated real-time risk management systems that monitor and control customer positions in equities, options, futures and forex across multiple account types and currencies. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IB is registered as both a Broker-Dealer and a Futures Commission Merchant. B is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). The Group's consolidated capital is in excess of $6.0 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. plays a leading role in trading and brokerage worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for an average of 1.3 million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 6.5% of listed equity options worldwide.
Interactive Brokers is expanding the Client On-Boarding department (OB) at our headquarters in Greenwich, CT. We are searching for bilingual candidates with prior experience in the financial services industry, who can support new customers in a seamless transition to Interactive Brokers. The mission being to build and maintain a positive relationship by listening to their needs and anticipating their expectations so all goals are met. The OB representative's objective is to ensure that every new client has positive first experience and a solid understanding of the tools and products offered by IB.
- Reach out to top tiered new clients and determine needs and objectives.
- Work closely with IB sales representatives to better understand client needs and objectives.
- Assist clients with account configuration to match account specifications.
- Assure that trading platforms are configured in a manner that meets trading needs.
- Provide basic TWS training for those unfamiliar with IB's trading platforms.
- Respond to questions about the tools and products offered by IB.
- Assist with account and fund transfers.
- Act as client liaison by communicating with other internal departments such as, Sales, Clearing, Compliance, Funds & Banking and Professional Services.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with clients so that a foundation of trust is established.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Prior experience in financial industry, specifically client services and or solid clearing background.
- Skills: Must have excellent communication skills, strong verbal and written expertise is required. (bi or multi-lingual preferred)The candidate must possess general market knowledge in futures, options, equities and the FX markets.
- Computer skills: Working knowledge of PC technologies, including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Registrations: FINRA Series 7 or willingness to obtain.
Figures as of March 31, 2017. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com