- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 28 Sep 16
Interactive Brokers ("IB") is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 330 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IB is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). IBKR's market capitalization is in excess of $ 12 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group's market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays an important role in trading and brokerage worldwide; executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. The Group's options volume makes up approximately 9 % of all listed equity options worldwide. [i]
[i] Figures as of December 31 , 2015. Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
A successful candidate will develop, maintain and support various proprietary applications and sub-systems.
A particular focus will be the development of the back-end interface to financial exchanges for market data, with a heavy reliance on gcc under Linux.
The position will require a dedicated, enthusiastic, proactive and quick learning individual, who can successfully operate as a part of a group of developers. The applicant should be prepared to operate in a highly dynamic and goal oriented environment.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physical Sciences is required. PhD is preferred.
- Proficiency in C++ in UNIX/Linux environment is required.
- Two or more years of professional programming experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Perl, Python or similar scripting language is preferred, preferably in UNIX/Linux environment.
- Prior experience in finance is preferred but not required.
- Good communication skills are required. Spoken English.