Sr Web Engineer
Sr Web EngineerWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Web, Engineer , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role you will integrally involved in the implementation and support of all internet/intranet/extranet sites and services provided by Western Union.
In addition, you will:
- Work closely with other groups within IT Infrastructure and Operations, project managers, development teams and various vendors to implement and support systems within established service level agreements and in accordance with established operating level agreements
- Installs, configures, tests, upgrades, monitors and administers Web Hosting infrastructures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent of education preferred
- 5+ years of relevant business, technical and leadership experience
- Key technologies to be supported: Tibco - EWS, BM, BE, BEX, AS Adobe CQ5 IBM WebSphere IBM Data Power Appliances Jboss Jetty Apache Web Services
- Track record of leading technical resources in the Middleware and deployments space or similar technology domain
- Understanding of systems integration, network topology, directory structures and rational databases
- Strong sense of innovation and desire to consistently improve on systems and services already provided to customers both internally and externally
- Experience supporting highly available application infrastructures
- History of operational innovation and knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Experience with financial services and other highly regulated industry a plus
- Able to work under pressure, willing to work off hours and weekends if needed to support production issues
- Training of technical support staff members
- Acting as a point of contact for problem escalation and technical knowledge
- Build out new systems and services based on best practices and high availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to effectively work under pressure and within strict timelines
- Experienced in outsourcing and/or managed services
- Ability to define process and technology standards