Senior Application Architect - S/W Engineer-Payments technology
Senior Application Architect - S/W Engineer-Payments technologyWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Sr. Applications Architect, POS Applications, based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado or our regional headquarters in Montvale, NJ, or remote.
In this role, you will Architect, design and direct the development of native and mobile applications on multi-application POS terminals, tablets and cloud-based POS devices.
In addition, you will:
• Design, direct the development of and review new WU devices (hardware)
Analyze requirements, review functional and technical specifications for
applications Interface with stakeholders
• Provide technical expertise and support to miscellaneous internal Business
Units and Western Union Partners when needed
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues on need basis Support partner
systems integration to WU devices Lead and project manage technical
• Minimum 7-10 years in software development with extensive experience in
Point-of-Sale (POS) application development.
• Hands on experience with developing at driver/low level up to UI level,
including developing touch screen user interfaces.
• Embedded Software Architecture and Design Languages: JAVA, XML,
• NET Systems: Embedded Systems, Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS),
Terminal emulations, Android 4.4.x and above, Microsoft SQL
• Windows Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, Android SDK,
Eclipse, HP Emulator, Datascopes, Modem Line Taps, IP Sniffers,
• Microsoft Office Data Communications: Serial, SDLC, Asynchronous, TCP/IP,
TLS, SSL, GPRS, VISAI/II protocol
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently
• Experienced in working with different SDLC methodologies Highly Desired, but
not an absolute
• Experience in developing on one or more of the following terminal platforms:
Hypercom, Verifone , Ingenico, PAX Linux (highly desired)
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust, Ambassadors of responsibility, and ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.