Senior Application Architect
Senior Application ArchitectWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Sr. Application Architect , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will provide Team Planning Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
In addition, you will:
- Support integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, while providing the customer a common user experience across external partners.
- Manage staff resourcing and measure effectiveness on an ongoing basis
- Manage intake of new projects and provide constant cost control Development and Support Gain and retain broad technical/functional knowledge of Western Union web service offerings.
- Collaborate with partner and WU internal teams to develop User Experience Standards Support business and development staff as technical liaison.
- Work directly with external partners globally to help plan, coordinate, and execute activities related to the integration of Western Union Money Transfer services into their Point of Sale systems as well as a diverse range of customer interaction channels.
- Manage a team of technical integration consultants, measure their performance and assure delivery of professional service levels to partners
- Be accountable for testing the interoperability of software integrations with external partner teams and internal development teams to ensure the stability and reliability of web service offerings.
- The role is responsible to develop standards for repeatable project implementation and constant improvement of deployment processes.
- Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of SOA integration best practices and governance are critical to the successful performance in this role.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in software development and quality assurance along with experience partnering with the technology and business managers to ensure projects are implemented efficiently.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) domain.
- Expected to operate at a self-sufficient level with minimal guidance from other senior project members.
- Must have experience in global environments and accustomed to flexible working hours Experience with testing tools and test automation, such as SOAP-UI.
- Must speak and write English fluently, additional languages are a plus.
- Must be a problem solver with a can do attitude; possess good leadership skills in guiding and directing teams during system production issues.
- Strong project management expertise.
- Experience in quality assurance and test data/environment.
- Good understanding of networking and communication protocols.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes, as well as matrix management.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.