Manager Solution Engineering and Delivery
Manager Solution Engineering and DeliveryWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an IT Manager , based at Western Union's global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing production support, application maintenance, and the delivery of major and minor enhancements and projects for Western Union Business Solutions' Oracle EBS, IntelliMatch, and Noetix applications. The Manager of Solution Engineering and Delivery has a broad range of responsibilities, including 24x7 production and application maintenance support, managing software development, interfacing with other WU and WUBS core systems and their respective teams, and ensuring high-quality project and enhancement deliverables.
This role is also responsible for ensuring that production issues are managed by the managed service partner as per the defined SLA, and that continuous improvements are made in the production environment to reduce and prevent defects.
This role reports to the Director of Solution Engineering and Delivery and will interface with several internal and external teams, including Provider Governance, all levels of WU and WUBS management, Operations, Accounting, Product Development, the entire GoTech organization, 3rd party support vendors, and 3rd party project delivery vendors.
- Primary lead and liaison between IT client facing teams - responsible for driving the managed services team to successfully design, develop and release enhancement projects, custom development and client implementations, maintenance, product enhancements, defect resolution, and other engineering related requirements, on time and within budget.
- Management oversight and responsibility for a 24x7 production system environment.
- Ensuring application maintenance and resolution of production issues are resolved by the managed service partner, as per defined SLA.
- Ensuring continuous improvements in the production environment to reduce and prevent defects.
- Serve as an escalation point when there are service/support issues that require development attention; partnering with the managed service partner to resolve the matter within contractual terms.
- Partner with QA testing teams to ensure high-quality maintenance and enhancement deliverables.
- Escalate managed service issues appropriately and timely and make recommendations to overcome gaps in service delivery.
- Assist in managing internal and external teams in multiple geographic locations (US and abroad).
- Assist in managing the managed services partner in an onshore/offshore model.
- Provide recommendations for improvements for applications software, system integration, and architecture to meet dynamic business needs.
- Manage operational change management: reviews change requests, facilitate change meetings, manage change approvals, and performs change management reporting.
- Provide advice and consultation to IT management to realize the optimization of our hardware and software landscape. Help management achieve margin improvements and investment optimizations.
- Work with the managed service partner to deliver results and meet project deadlines and deliverables in both enhancements and application maintenance space
- Provide demand management and prioritization of work in alignment with business needs and priorities. Help prioritize and track the Managed Service partner's requests.
- Conduct regular service reviews, manage Service Provider performance and productivity relative to the Service Level Agreements.
- Define and revise (if needed) metric/performance reporting; track Service Provider performance and ensure service levels meet the needs of the business.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the team of all systems components and application business functionalities
- In the IT manager capacity, expected to operate at a self-sufficient level with minimal guidance from other senior project members
- Responsible for instance management strategy
- Responsible for working with DBAs on database capacity planning as products and countries are added
- Key resource for setting the technical strategy on the system portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Business degree with 8+ years IT experience is required
- Experience implementing and supporting Oracle EBS is required
- Must have 8+ years of Software Development, Business Analysis, or System Architect experience, along with experience partnering with the technology and business resources on implementing projects.
- Must speak and write English fluently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be a problem solver with a can do attitude; possess good leadership skills in guiding and directing teams during system production issues and project implementations.
- Prior expertise in managing development and 24x7 production support in an onshore/offshore model
- Prior experience in managing a managed service environment is highly desirable
- Strong project management expertise
- Experience with developing applications and web based systems is desirable
- Ability to read and interpret SQL code
- Database administration knowledge a plus
- Good understanding of networking and communication protocols a plus
- Extensive experience in release management and agile methodologies highly desirable
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Experience with managing teams
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes, as well as matrix management