- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Motif Investing
- 15 Sep 16
Well established fintech company seeking outstanding software engineer to build large scale investment management platform
Motif Capital - Quantitative Developer
The Quantitative Developer role will be an integral part of the Motif Capital’s core investing team. The primary responsibilities will be the development and deployment of the firm’s unique investment infrastructure. The candidate must be very comfortable designing and implementing proprietary systems that deal with the analysis of large-scale financial data. Familiarity working with systems that deal with US and developed market equites as well as risk management and post-trade analytics is also a plus. This role will require working with in-house and third-party developers to build a robust, scalable, and highly optimized cloud based platform to facilitate all aspects of our thematic portfolio research and portfolio management processes.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or related quantitative field
- 3 to 5 years of development experience preferably in a system architecture, distributed systems, big data analysis, or related role
- Firm grasp of applied statistical concepts and techniques including probability, regression, and time series analysis
- Familiarity with RDBMS concepts, data normalization, data modeling, and query optimization
- Professional experience with one or more of Java, C++, Python, SQL.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience with distributed computing architectures
- Additional relevant work experience
About Motif Capital:
Motif Capital Management is a next-generation global equity investment manager that specializes in the management of thematic investment strategies for financial institutions such as private wealth management, investment companies, endowments, and family offices. Our unique disciplined, scientific, and transparent approach to thematic investing relies on combining data-driven insights with objective fundamental research, algorithmic portfolio design and cutting-edge technology & analytics. Our goal is to work with our institutional partners to act on the economic, socio-political, and technological forces that are shaping the global economy for the benefit of their clients’ portfolios.
Motif Capital Management, Inc. is an SEC registered investment advisory firm located in San Mateo, California. The company is privately held and a wholly owned subsidiary of Motif Investing Inc., a broker-dealer registered with the SEC and member FINRA/SIPC. Learn more at http://www.motifcapital.com.
About Motif Investing:
Motif Investing is an online broker-dealer that is transforming the way financial advisors and retail investors invest and manage wealth. Motif Investing offers self-directed investors a concept-driven trading platform that enables them to trade “motifs”—intelligently-weighted basket of stocks and ETFs built around themes, investing styles or multi-asset models— for low fees. Based in San Mateo, the company's investors includes Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Balderton Capital, Renren, Foundation Capital, Ignition Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, and Wicklow Capital, with notable board members including former SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt and former Boston Consulting Group CEO Carl Stern. Learn more at https://www.motifinvesting.com.