Web Development Manager
Web Development ManagerWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Web Development Manager, based at Western Union's offices in San Francisco, California.
The duties of the Web Development Manager are to lead the design and implementation of online experience across eCommerce, and .com sites. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in the front-end development lifecycle, including user interface design, html development across different form-factors and devices. The candidate must have deep expertise in Online content management systems with concepts such as content syndication, reusability, auto-form factor adjustment and optimizing the web experience for Global sites and stores. Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus. Desired experience in understanding Click stream analytics tools (Omniture, tealeaf, goggle analytics etc) and embedding them in an efficient way. The candidate will have a proven track record of successfully delivering web projects related for E-commerce, portals. The candidate will partner with product management and create prototypes to test new features or entirely new applications on current and future online platforms. The candidate will be responsible to develop an online application & usability testing methodology across devices and browsers The candidate will interface with a team of internal engineers and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure to drive web front end development and solutions.
- Demonstrate strong capabilities in assessing business needs while providing creative and effective solutions in conformance to emerging technology standards.
- Demonstrate experience with implementing structured and unstructured content management solutions to support an eCommerce site
- Ensure that E-commerce projects are designed and delivered according to plan and under budget.
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- 6+ years of developing web portals and eCommerce is required
- 1+ years of developing mobile web applications across devices is desired
- Experience with HTML IDEs, CMS systems (Interwoven, Adobe CQ5 ), mock-ups and wireframe development
- Broad experience with Weblogic / IBM WebSphere/ Tomcat and industry leading Application servers.
- Experience designing and building dynamic and flexible web applications for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes
- Experience with J2EE software design ( Wicket, Servlets/JSP, JSF, Struts, AJAX, Web Services, Portlets, Spring framework) and front-end architecture patterns
- Broad experience with JSR 168, 286 and 311 portlets and restful API specs
- Experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate and evangelize those concepts to a broad based team.
- Load testing and performance optimization of web applciations
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams. communication, negotiation and facilitation skills are required
- Proven ability to interact effectively with people in all levels of the organization (cross-functional, on/shore technical teams and senior management)
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.