Sr. Program Delivery and Operations Manager
Sr. Program Delivery and Operations ManagerWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Program Delivery & Operations Manager role in Western Union Digital organization based in San Francisco.
This role primarily involves coordinating work between regional product delivery teams and the global product delivery team in San Francisco. He/she will also be required to work as a Project Manager/Scrum Master for the assigned initiatives and follow the established program delivery framework to manage integration and dependencies with other systems/teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure timely set up and smooth ongoing operations of the Digital product delivery teams being set up in other non-US locations.
- Define and evolve global versus regional roles and decision rights
- Establish key contacts and communication channels across all the product delivery teams.
- Rollout Program delivery and governance framework across regional teams ensuring Sprint cycle/Release coordination with global product delivery team.
- Be the primary point of contact for regional delivery teams in San Francisco office and help remove their impediments/issues by raising them in Weekly Scrum of Scrums forum.
- Gather and communicate status of key Digital roadmap initiatives being delivered by regional teams.
- Guide and coach the teams to follow Scrum framework properly
- Drive continuous improvements towards consistent delivery of working software
- For assigned initiatives, build release/program plans that may span multiple Agile or non-Agile teams, program manage the delivery and keep stakeholders informed on the progress.
- Ensure appropriate project documentation and approvals is captured in a central repository and is ready for internal/external audit.
- Bachelor's degree, plus more than 8-10 years of progressive Program Management/Technical delivery experience with more than 2 years in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience coordinating development across multiple locations/time zones
- Demonstrated experience managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies, with knowledge of industry standard tools and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to work collaboratively with multiple cross-functional departments.
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills - needs to excel in fast paced environment with high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Project and other Agile Project Management tools like JIRA.
- Experience using collaboration and productivity tools like Confluence, and SharePoint.
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in eCommerce, digital payments or financial institutions.
- Scrum Master Certification