Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
Moody's Analytics is looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate engineers in creating our next generation of risk management products. At Moody's Analytics, we believe that data and cloud is changing the nature of financial risk management.
In this role:
• You will join the early stage of projects and participate in defining the testing platform and BDD testing process for the next generation products
• You will design and build automation test suite for our API platform and also the test automation for web frontend
• You will design and build the load test suite that simulates a multi-tenant environment
• You will ensure that our code can be continuously shipped into the cloud environment
• You will participate in defining the architecture of modern tools and runtime for operating your test suite such as AWS, Docker, Puppet, and Terraform
• You will work directly with Product Owners to deliver products in a collaborative and agile environment
Who you are:
• You are passionate to be part of cutting edge projects and are motivated by delivering world-class products with great architecture on an aggressive schedule
• You are not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
• You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
• You use, or are passionate about learning, functional programming, AWS, Docker - and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
Enterprise Risk Solutions
• Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant field
• Good knowledge of Python, Selenium, and Robot framework
• Good knowledge of testing frameworks and best practices
• Experience in testing Hadoop stack: HDFS, Spark, NoSQL
• Experience in Unix/Linux including basic commands and scripting
• Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
• Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
• Excellent communication skills
At Moody's, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We practice agile development with fast iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
• Scala, SBT, Play, Swagger
• Angular 2, Typescript
• Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Postgres, Cassandra, Redshift
• Node, Wepback and NPM
• ScalaTest, Karma/Jasmine for Unit Testing
• Robot and Selenium for Integration Testing
• Puppet, Terraform, Packer
• AWS, Docker
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.