Senior Project Manager
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 26 Sep 16
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our investment efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews Asia is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States.
TITLE: Sr. Project Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our investment efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews Asia is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. With offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong and London, our investment solutions are available to investors around the world.
Additional information on Matthews Asia and the Matthews Asia Funds can be found at matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Technology
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Project Manager will assist the director of technology with the coordination of ongoing and upcoming IT projects.
- Lead, manage, and monitor the delivery and execution of key IT projects and programs (on time, on budget and within scope) to further our business strategy.
- Develop detailed business requirements, system documentation, use cases and design/workflow procedures for approved projects.
- Consult with business unit leaders to identify and define process improvement opportunities.
- Verify that the delivered products/processes meet the needs of the business units.
- Ensure that requirements are accurately reflected in project and testing plans so that product/project quality targets can be achieved.
- Provide analysis support during the planning phase of the project so that project costs and return on investment (ROI) are clearly understood and properly prioritized.
- Partner with businesses to prepare project budgets and consults with the business unit to prepare cost/benefit models.
- Prepare project planning documents, schedules and plans, procurement plans, project charters, and project scope statements.
- Prepare project initiation and kick-off materials so that project goals and objectives are clearly communicated and achieved.
- Prepare project controlling documents so that an effective framework is created for project control.
- Work with key business representatives and leadership to ensure that updated business processes are properly tested and validated.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Resolve requirements and design issues as required.
- Run infrastructure related projects like desktop implementations and data center migrations.
- May manage project teams including business users, contractors, and other business analysts.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist with strong background in management consulting, project management, sourcing, vendor management, and process improvement. He or she:
- Has managed a portfolio of vendors and partners across multiple categories, in financial services, professional services, IT services, networking, telecom hardware and services, software and indirect spend.
- Has negotiated agreements with technical and non-technical suppliers of $20M+.
- Has demonstrable experience performing root cause and dependency analysis, IT portfolio analysis, and infrastructure analysis to prioritize and roadmap high-value initiatives.
- Has successfully developed and implemented cross-functional sourcing and efficiency programs, including resource planning, RFx, SLAs, contract negotiations, vendor management, spend and savings analyses.
- Has a point of view beyond the immediate deal to help define business and technical requirements, align stakeholders, identify process improvements and instill focus into operations. He or she defines projects, programs and project portfolios, in addition to managing and executing.
- Is a quick learner, who has a history of communicating credibly with a diverse set of stakeholders, including technical, non-technical, and management.
- Deals well with ambiguous challenges and structures them so they can be solved quickly.
- Deploys quickly and pragmatically, domestically and internationally, with demonstrable hands-on experience.
- Understands and spans the gap between the cycles of large enterprises with the agility of small organizations.
- Experience working with Vendor solution delivery and offshore resource management.
- A history following Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Proficient in MS Project or other project management Applications.
To apply for this position, please click here to submit your resume and application.