Senior Payments Engineering Developer
Senior Payments Engineering DeveloperWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Senior Payments Engineering Developer (Lead)
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Payments Engineering Developer , based at our San Francisco, California location.
Key Responsibilities :
- Have proven experience in working with a team of engineers and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure.
- Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities
- Work with business partners to understand their needs and proactively lead them to solutions
- Provide solution implementation including: system set-ups, development, system and integration testing, and user training
- Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
- Bachelor's/Masters/Ph.D., in Computer Science and Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in software engineering and architecture experience in a fast paced corporate environment.
- 5+ years TIBCO BW and 3+ years of Tibco Business Events development experience.
- Experience in TIBCO major software Tibco Administrator, EMS, BusinessWorks, Business Events, Hawk, Business Events Extreme and Adapters
- Comprehensive experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, HTML, XML, Web 2.0, AJAX, REST, JSON Web Services, Oracle Database and PL-SQL
- Generating technical requirements, functional solution development, and documentation
- Business process orchestration, event processing, administration, optimization and performance tuning of Tibco and java based web application
- Hands on experience integrating with banks, acquirers and processors in an ecommerce environment.
- Experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate and evangelize those concepts to a broad based team.
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Ability to make the development and architecture teams operate efficiently through the use of best practices, processes and tools.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams.
- Thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.