Senior Designer/Production Artist - Investment Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 28 Sep 16
Senior Designer/Production Artist - Investment Management
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
Mellon Capital has provided investors with distinct insights into complex capital markets since 1983. Our unique approach to fundamentally-based systematic investing drives our capabilities, which include multi-asset, active equity, smart beta, and indexing strategies.
At Mellon Capital, we're committed to helping our clients reach their investment goals. That's why we've been an innovative pioneer of multi-asset dynamic asset allocation for more than 30 years. Our intellectual curiosity, sophisticated research platform, global reach, and flexibility to transact in all liquid asset classes helps us deliver powerful and unique investment solutions.
We're seeking a motivated, industry-savvy Senior Designer/Production Artist with strong capabilities to join our marketing team in San Francisco. The successful candidate is passionate about the investment management business and, with a minimum of 5-7 years' experience, will bring an informed view of institutional and retail client design needs. He/she should be results-driven, able to fluidly bridge investments, sales, and marketing with client needs, and effective at aligning internal and external constituencies.
The Senior Designer/Production Artist will work with marketing, distribution, and product management teams to execute the creative development, design and production for marketing strategies that help build awareness and grow the business. He/she will ensure effective development, maintenance, and promotion of graphic standards that target institutional clients (pension plans, consultants, foundations and endowments). Projects include collateral, thought leadership, and other digital and print support materials. This position will report to the Head of Marketing and is based in San Francisco.
- Create and execute design solutions across retail and institutional distribution channels for various projects, including:
- Marketing collateral
- Thought leadership
- Online advertising
- Mellon Capital website
- Conference support materials
- Manage and evolve visual identity for all marketing materials (print and online) for assigned products and channels
- Coordinate with outside vendors and cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, product management, compliance and legal, and outside advertising and research agencies
- Develop and maintain style guide and high quality standards, ensuring creative projects meet these guidelines within budget and timelines
- Oversee electronic file management and preparation for print and web
- Help maintain active list of creative contractor resources
This role will collaborate with sales, consultant relations, and marketing to create new and enhance existing marketing collateral such as power point presentations, brochures, white papers, and other material designed to market MTM and facilitate sales globally. AS part of the process to address consultant inquiries, modest travel may be required to support regional consultant calling efforts by consultant relations. Fully responsible for RFP response function. Since RFPs are competitive procurement process, the candidate must be fluent in how MTM and Beta operate and what differentiates us in the marketplace vis- -vis the competitive landscape. The candidate should anticipate frequent, and at times, detailed inquires from clients, prospects, and consultants requiring clear, concise, and effective responses that will facilitate sales on a global basis. Developing innovative ways to describe complex concepts will be instrumental to the success of this role.
- B.S. or B.A. required; degree in fine arts, graphic design or related discipline preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant, hands-on graphic design experience in an internal or external agency environment (financial services, business-to-business, and/or retail and institutional marketing work experience a plus)
- Expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including providing clear creative direction, giving timely and helpful input throughout creative process, and producing cost-effective work on schedule
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong quantitative approach balanced with client insight mindset
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to manage competing interests and complete projects accurately and under demanding conditions
- Proven ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in business terms to peers and senior management
- Proven good business acumen and results orientation
- An effective team player, able to work with people of all levels
- Has a high level of self-motivation, with strong integrity and ethics
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Internal Jobcode: 30444
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Mellon Capital Management-HR06141
Requisition Number: 1609613