Scientist, Decision Sciences
Scientist, Decision SciencesWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Scientist to join our Decision Sciences team in San Francisco. We are looking for a Scientist who will be accountable for analyzing fraud data and formulating fraud control strategies to effectively balance our revenue and loss goals. This role is responsible for fraud identification and development of innovative fraud prevention strategies to combat the latest developing fraud patterns for card not present (CNP) transactions conducted on all of our websites
In addition, you will:
- Develop innovative analytic tools and methodologies (models/rules), and manage on-going continuous improvement.
- Research and analyze card not present transaction activity to identify developing fraud patterns and develop recommendations to address fraudulent activity.
- Work with cross-functional teams (monitoring team, vendor management team, product management etc.) to implement strategic initiatives and improvements to current risk management process and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative related field required, Advanced degree preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- 2+ years' experience in analysis and reporting required
- 2+ years' experience in risk management preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of 1 year of SQL programming language experience desired
- Minimum of 1 year of SAS programming experience desired