RFP and Client Reporting Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 21 Sep 16
We are seeking an RFP and Client Reporting Associate to support the US and international expansion and diversification of our increasingly global client base. This individual will be part of a team that is the central link between the information and content produced by the
Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews Asia is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information about Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
This position will report to our RFP and Client Reporting Manager.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an RFP and Client Reporting Associate to support the US and international expansion and diversification of our increasingly global client base. This individual will be part of a team that is the central link between the information and content produced by the firm marketing and data teams, and the presentation/communication of that information to the firm’s existing and prospective clients. The position will work closely with three other team members, and will be an integral part of the broader US and Global Distribution and Client Services teams.
- Assist with the completion of high quality Requests for Proposals, Due Diligence Questionnaires and implementation and maintenance of an internal RFP database (“PMAPS”)
- Work closely with investment team and distribution team members to meet the monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines and complete various reports for institutional separate account and fund clients that includes commentary writing, developing response language, data compilation and presentations
- Respond to client and prospective client requests, including monthly, quarterly and annual RFIs and similar questionnaires, and portfolio-related data sheets.
- Populate, maintain, and update both US and Global domiciled consultant databases as well as respond to periodic and ad hoc requests for data, information, and questionnaires
- Help to identify process improvements using in-house and 3rd party technologies that will create more efficient methods of gathering, sorting, distributing and accessing reports, language and data
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of asset management experience
- Understanding of the language of asset management, and skills in translating such language to address client questions/requests
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, work within short time frames and meet deadlines
- Independent, flexible, with excellent planning, organization, and time management ability
- Proficient use of the Windows PC environment, including excellent skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of integrity, honesty, diligence and loyalty
- Long-term conviction for Asia, general understanding of Asian cultures, and intellectual curiosity about the region
- Drive and ambition for professional success
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis.