Project Manager 5
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 20 Sep 17
Project Manager 5
WBS - Portfolio and Program Management Group (PPMG)
The Program and Portfolio Management group provides project, program and portfolio execution delivery and management to the various Wholesale lines-of-business. The responsibilities of this position will focus on the planning, initiation, execution, and delivery of projects and programs within the Credit and Lending, Technology and Financial Institutions Group domain, with an initial focus on projects within the Wholesale Flood program.
In addition to direct project management duties and domain management activities, the position will:
The position reports to the Business Initiatives Senior Manager responsible for large programs for the Portfolio and Program Management Group. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successfully delivering complex programs or projects and have a background in areas such as Operations, Product, Commercial Credit, Technology or a Project Management Office.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large, cross functional projects.
- Responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses.
- Consults with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases to align with strategic objectives.
- Creates and delivers presentations on program/project goals, benefits, plans, status, risks, and issues.
- Responsible for end to-end program or project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end, including financial management of dedicated project spend.
- Develops and implements project level processes, procedures and performance metrics. May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- Ensures program/project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company._They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years in one or more of the following: program/project management, implementation or strategic planning
- Excellent relationship building and management skills required
- Proven track record of leading large, complex, initiatives on time, on budget delivery
- Proven experience in translating strategic initiatives into executable programs or projects including: Defining the problem statement and articulating the scope of the solution, identifying impacted areas and components, identifying resource requirements, gathering estimates, defining timeline, and packaging information for presentation to executive leadership
- Strong leadership and organization skills including communication, negotiation, risk identification/resolution and problem solving
- Experience in projects which involved data integration, credit analysis, or financial spreading results for commercial lending
- Experience in formal project methodology; specifically in the creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, identification of project interdependencies, general over-site of the development life cycle and testing strategies and the planning for successful delivery
- Experience presenting to executive and senior management - Strong Oral and written presentation skills
- Experience in a matrixed functional environment/model, managing large teams of business, operational and technical resources
- Ability to synthesize information to identify key risks, customer impact, financial implications, delays that could impact delivery, and issues that pose material risk to the project, program or business
- MS Project, SharePoint, MS Office applications
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall technology approaches a plus
- Wholesale business experience a plus
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.