Project Manager/Scrum Master
Project Manager/Scrum MasterWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Project Manager/Scrum Master
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Project Manager/Scrum Master , based at our San Francisco, California location.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate Sprint ceremonies - Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint demo and Retrospectives
- Work with Product Owner to develop, groom and prioritize the backlog; ensure a healthy product backlog
- Remove any impediments that would prevent the delivery team to achieve its Sprint goals
- Help achieve potentially shippable product at the end of every Sprint Guide and coach the team to follow Scrum framework properly
- Drive continuous improvements towards consistent delivery of working software
- Build program plans for strategic initiatives that spans multiple Agile or non-Agile teams and keep stakeholders informed on the progress
- Communicate Scrum team achievements and be the information radiator
- Ensure appropriate approvals and project documentation is captured in a central repository and is ready for internal/external audit
- Bachelor's degree, plus more than 5-7 years of progressive Program/Project Management experience with more than 2 years as a Scrum Master.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies, with knowledge of industry standard tools and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills - needs to excel in fast paced environment with high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Project and other Agile Project Management tools like JIRA.
- Experience using collaboration and productivity tools like Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Experience in Mobile Apps, eCommerce, digital payments or financial institutions.
- Scrum Master Certification.
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.