Mobile Web Engineer
Mobile Web EngineerWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Mobile Web Engineer
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Mobile Web Engineer , based at our San Francisco, California location.
- A Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
- 2+ years of developing web portals and eCommerce is required.
- 3+ years of developing mobile web applications/Hybrid apps across devices.
- Strong experience in AngularJS Framework
- Experience with mobile IDEs and Hybrid app development (preferably using Cordova) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of iOS, Android operating platforms
- Experience with J2EE software design (Wicket, Servlets/JSP, JSF, Struts, AJAX,
- Web Services, Portlets, Spring framework) and front-end architecture patterns is a plus.
- Experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate and evangelize those concepts to a broad based team.
- Performance optimization of mobile web applications
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional
- Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams.
- Communication, negotiation and facilitation skills are required
- Proven ability to interact effectively with people in all levels of the organization (cross-functional, on/shore technical teams and senior management)
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.