Middleware/Integration Engineering Developer
Middleware/Integration Engineering DeveloperWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Middleware/Integration Engineering Developer
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Middleware/Integration Engineering Developer for the San Francisco office.
In this role you will:
• Develop and deliver solutions involving combinations of any or all of the following: TIBCO BusinessEvents TIBCO ActiveSpace, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO BusinessWorks, File and Database Adapters, TIBCO Hawk and other TIBCO products.
• Have proven experience in working with a team of engineers and service providers in a geographically distributed structure.
• Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities
• Work with business partners to understand their needs and proactively lead them to solutions
• Provide solution implementation including: system set-ups, development, system and integration testing, and user training
• Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
• Providing support in the configuring and troubleshooting solution and providing implementation best practices to development team
• Configuring TIBCO products for performance, failover and guaranteed delivery
• Providing technical guidance to development team in the implementation and integration of Java based or TIBCO driven integration solutions
• Build, set up and support TIBCO BusinessEvents and TIBCO BusinessWorks servers buildout on multiple sites for failover/disaster recovery in a highly available eco-system
• Deliver common framework architecture and high level design
• Understand the capabilities and limitations of middleware products and use cutting edge solutions to address them
• Develop implementation patterns using TIBCO suite of products and document them.
• Address requirements across a wide variety of new and old technology platforms including mainframes
• Conduct detailed design, code and test reviews
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Technology or Engineering is a must
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in software engineering and architecture experience in a fast paced corporate environment
• 5+ years TIBCO BW and 3+ years of TIBCO BusinessEvents development experience Experience in TIBCO major software such as TIBCO Administrator, EMS, BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents, ActiveSpace, Hawk and various TIBCO Adapters Comprehensive experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, HTML, XML, Web 2.0, AJAX, REST, JSON Web Services, Oracle Database and PL-SQL
• Broad experience in multiple integration projects based on Service Oriented Architecture
• Strong analytical and debugging skills required
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams
• Strong Linux/Unix skills required
• Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
• Thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.