Java/API EngineerWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Java API Engineer
Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Java API Engineer , based at our San Francisco, California location.
- 5 + years of experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming of web based applications with Java
- Rock solid foundation in core Java /J2EE skills
- Extensive experience in designing and developing REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with developing APIs that are public and serving multiple high traffic website and/or apps
- Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience in implementing SSO (Single Sign On)
- Experience with NOSQL database highly desired
- Strong in designing/developing applications using Hibernate, and Spring Frameworks
- Experience with Integration/Orchestration (Apache Camel, Jboss Fuse or ActiveMQ) or any other ESB & Caching would be plus
- Experience with rules engines (Drools, JRules) is a plus
- Experience generating API documentation
- Experienced working with vendors, managers, and users in the development of robust technical solutions based upon business requirements and objectives
- Experienced software development disciplines-including business modeling, requirements management, component-based development, data engineering, configuration and change management, and testing-into a consistent framework covering the full lifecycle
- Experience in agile and scrum methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and task-management skills
- Ability to be flexible
Modeling Languages UML, ER
Languages Java/J2EE, JNDI, JMS, JDBC , HTML, XML, JS,CSS.
Java Technologies Java, JDBC, JSP, Servlets
Databases MySQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, PL/SQL
NOSQL MongoDB, Couchbase
WS SOAP, WSDL, REST Web services, Apache Axis, Axis2, CXF, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
App/Web Servers Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic, Jboss, Felix
Frameworks MVC, Struts, Spring, Hibernate,
Platforms Unix/Linux, Windows
Modeling Tools MS Visio, Visual Paradigm etc
Build /Continuous Integration Ant/Maven, Hudson, Jenkins
Middleware Active MQ, JMS
Source control SVN, CVS, Perforce, Git/Github
Project Mgt. Tools Jira
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.