- $160000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Full time benefits
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Buyside
- 04 Sep 17
General Counsel; Global Retail and Asset Management Banking Group
- Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
- Salary: $160000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Full time benefits
- Job Type: Full time
My client is an award winning full-service bank that provides a wide range of financial products and services and is a global banking leader.They are looking to grow their legal team and bring in a senior General Counsel located at their newly designed Executive Offices. The General Counsel is responsible for handling legal transactional matters in assigned areas and is responsible for maintaining skill levels by attending appropriate legal professional seminars and training opportunities. The General Counsel must also have a strong background in the financial and banking industry, in addition to their legal experience and law practice.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice to management and business units.
- Trains bank staff in a legal-related subject matter.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Assists with implementation of the bank-wide compliance function.
- Supports commercial or consumer lending, retail branches, problem loan group, bank operations, human resources, or other business areas(s) as assigned.
- Demonstrating skill in consumer financial protection laws, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), commercial lending, deposit products and services, privacy, labor and employment law, bank operations or other specific areas of banking law.
- May directly supervise employees while overseeing assigned function(s). If assigned, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; managing and appraising performance; coaching and development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Juris Doctor degree
- 20 years legal experience or equivalent related experience in an appropriate subject matter area in a retail banking or financial services environment required.
- Consumer Lending experience
- Banking or financial industry experience
- CA Labor Law & Litigation Experience
- HR Law & Banking Law
- Experience either in-house in a financial institution or financial services company or as principal outside counsel to one or more banks required.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s and internal clients’ needs.
- Experience working with senior management and mid-level staff members.
- Prior management experience required.
- Member of CA Bar.
- Ability to travel between bank and customer or other bank locations - less than 25% of the time.
- Global Banking Group with retail, wholesale and asset management services
- Award Winning for service to clients Internationally
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package