Financial Software Support Engineer (Client Services)
Specifically, you will provide expertise on and assist in troubleshooting aspects relating to our software solutions.
This is an opportunity to develop your career in functional and technical support within the financial services industry. You will work with leading edge technology to support the latest breed of financial application tools based on world-class financial research.
You will also ensure our products and technology are used effectively and appropriately to add value to our clients' businesses.
You will gain excellent direct exposure to customers whilst maintaining a hands-on relationship with the underlying software.
• Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge about Moody's Analytics products, and the environments and platforms they run on.
• Liaise between the Client Services teams and the Product Management / Engineering teams by accurately troubleshooting and investigating complex functional and technical issues.
• Respond to client demands in a courteous, professional, accurate and timely manner via web, email, telephone, and in person.
• Provide in-depth education and assistance on product functionality, business use, and the product technical architecture.
• Own, escalate, and project manage across functional teams to deliver complete solutions to our clients.
• Identify, capture, and channel client feedback on product features and functionality to the Product Managers.
• Make use of and further enrich our knowledge management tools to ensure that we work efficiently and capitalize on our experience.
• Input and maintain all client interactions to track activity using the internal CRM system.
• May perform occasional on-site client trips (installation, configuration, and troubleshooting)
• Rotational Weekend On-Call Support work may be required
Our team drives engagement through insightful interactions with our clients. We generate value and confidence in our products and solutions ensuring high levels or retention and satisfaction. Through relationships we bring the voice of the customer to the center of MA's business strategies. We strive to be the model of collaboration and partnership with our colleagues and we create an environment that engages and inspires individuals.
D - DELIVER INSIGHT
R - RETAIN CLIENTS
I - INVEST IN OUR PEOPLE
V - VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
E - ENGAGE AND COLLABORATE
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Finance, Information Systems, or similar discipline
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or similar discipline is a plus
• Minimum 1 year relevant work experience or equivalent knowledge in code development/programming such as Java, C++, Python, Perl and PL/SQL (please note this is not a code development/programming position)
• Experience and/or familiarity with the financial or commercial credit industry is a plus
• Strong client facing skills are essential
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties
• Ability to work autonomously with some supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's
• Highly organized, efficient, and able to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work pro-actively, multi-task, and initiate ideas/suggestions
• Excellent planning, organizational, implementation, and follow-up skills required
• Fluent in Spanish (reading/writing) preferred
Specific Technical Experience/Knowledge
Candidate should have knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible:
• Oracle RDBMS
• Java, or equivalent programming language such as C++, Python, Perl and PL/SQL
• J2EE Application Servers such as TOMCAT, WebSphere or JBOSS
• Network technology
• Linux, or other Unix-based operating system knowledge
• MCSE or equivalent knowledge in current Microsoft Operating Systems
• Forensic analysis tools (network packet sniffers, event logs, monitors, debuggers, etc.)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.