Data Operations Associate
We're looking for a resourceful top performer who is passionate about data and technology and interested in learning about financial risk management. You should have excellent data analysis skills with the ability to dissect data effectively and ask the right questions. You should also have the capacity to solve difficult problems while being able to take on multiple projects and see them through to completion. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible who has a demonstrated record of driving improvements to existing processes and helping build new ones.
- Work in our Data Services Team in San Francisco with team members also in Shenzhen China within our Data Analytics Group.
- Support and resolve data issues with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards.
- Optimize existing processes.
- Work with external data providers and resolve issues raised by client or internal teams
- Identify, research, and resolve issues and errors
- Work with other teams to resolve data processing and/or client issues.
- Collaborate with our Research, Risk Support, Product Management and Application Development teams as well as external data providers.
Enterprise Risk Solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Finance r Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 0-2 years working experience, preferably in financial industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Hands on experience working with data
- Strong statistics background.
- SQL experience in one of the major database platforms: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to use MS Office for data analysis and charting.
- CFA or FRM certifications.
- Exposure to credit risk models.
- Experience with statistical programming packages such as R, SAS, Matlab
- Some programming (Java, C, C++) or scripting (Python, bash, etc.) experience
- Experience with mining data sets.
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures.
- Experience with data visualization programs such as Tablaeu, Qlikview, Spotfire, R plotting packages
- Experience with ETL tools: CloverETL, SSIS, Pentaho, Talend, etc.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.3 billion in 2014, employs approximately 9,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 33 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and, for all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.