Data Intelligence Analyst (Data Operations Associate)
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
- Analyze and quality control financial statements and loan portfolio information of global companies in the Credit Research Database (CRD)
- Standardize data formats from multiple data sources into CRD formats
- Analyze patterns and discrepancies in the credit data provided
- Produce reports using Business Intelligence tools that describe data characteristics and highlight trends and issues
- Perform data analysis using a variety of methods including statistics and relational databases
- Assist with credit risk model validation
The ERS Data Intelligence Solution (DIS) line of business creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics, and applying information and analytics to our customer's business needs.
The DIS line of business has a requirement for a Data Intelligence Analyst. This position involves a blend of qualitative and quantitate financial research and data science skills to source and maintain credit risk data and models. This position is for you, if you are a quick learner, have a passion for data to identify trends, uncover patterns, solve problems and your favorite question is 'why'. Accounting knowledge and experience with financial statement analysis is a big plus. The successful candidate will join the ERS DIS line of business, a growing team within the MA organization that provides excellent career opportunities and benefits.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to read and understand financial reports such as 10K and 10Q
- Familiarity with foreign and domestic bankruptcy/insolvency laws is a strong plus
- Experience or academic training in: Bloomberg media, MS Access, MS Excel, SQL, SAS, R financial data analysis and management is a strong plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS, and other regional accounting principles is a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.