BlackRock VP Fund Administration
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
BlackRock VP Fund Administration
The BlackRock Americas iShares and Institutional Fund Administration team has responsibility for Fund oversight and financial reporting of over 400 iShares ETFs and over 750 US Collective and Canadian Pooled Funds.
The San Francisco Fund Administration team has a key position available for a motivated professional that will support certain aspects of the Fund control oversight function, fund treasury functions as well as lead several key projects. We are looking for an individual who is pro-active and flexible, can demonstrate initiative with a drive to succeed both as an individual and as a strong team player. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate a commitment to technical excellence, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines. A good communicator that can use their influencing skills to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders is very important.
- Support the management of external service providers. This involves monitoring of key controls and establishing new ones, as needed.
- Monitor daily NAV movements and compare to relevant index returns to ensure NAV accuracy.
- Oversee asset and cash reconciliations performed by third party service provider.
- Support fund administration responsibilities for new product launches and other lifecycle events. Requirements include the development of close working relationships with various internal BlackRock teams and external service providers.
- Support income and gain distribution process within BlackRock and with the external service provider. This involves communication of critical information to the Capital Market, Sales Strategy, Portfolio Management, Marketing Web, Compliance, Tax and Product teams.
- Assist in the coordination of the year-end shareholder tax reporting process.
- Oversee the accuracy of fund expenses and expense related disclosures in the prospectus.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly management status reporting.
- Support critical projects as they arise.
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting or finance.
- 10+ years of investment fund industry experience. Strong knowledge in fund accounting, investment process, security valuation, and fund expenses is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage individuals or teams in an impactful conversation or meeting.
- Proven experience in managing operational process and controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities - ability to interact with all levels, including independent fund directors, industry groups and business heads.
- Strong project and time management skills, with ability to set and maintain priorities in a multi-task environment.
- Flexible to handle constantly changing responsibilities.
- Strong prioritization and follow-through skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.