- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 17
Associate Director - Software Architect
Location: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) division of Moody's Analytics is seeking a Software Architect with good hands-on skills and at least 8-10 years of experience to join the RiskConfidence TM team. ERS is responsible for the design and development of award winning software-based solutions that combine best in class quantitative credit and portfolio analysis with regulatory and balance sheet management software to maximize our clients' effectiveness and impact.
The RiskConfidence TM team is responsible for the design and development of an Asset and Liability Management solution using best of breed technologies following agile and test driven methodologies. We are looking for a highly motivated team player who will:
- Design and develop new features
- Maintain and enhance software architecture for existing product development
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Program Managers, Build Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers across multiple development centers
- Lead and manage small group of Software Engineers
- Extend and maintain the existing codebase with a focus on quality, re-usability and maintainability
- Create technical design documents
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Manage and participate in support of outstanding client issues
- Monitor software system components for correctness, usability, security, accessibility, reusability, maintainability, adaptability and integration
Candidates should have good communication skills and an eagerness to learn. They should be self-starters who work with minimal direction. Candidates must also possess excellent technical skills and have an aptitude for building and understanding complex architectures.
Enterprise Risk Solutions
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Spring framework
- Distributed Data Processing
- ORM mapping frameworks
- UML Modeling
- Design and implementation of scalable distributed data processing systems
- OO concepts (OOAD)
- Written and verbal communication
- Teamwork (but also able to work independently)
- ORACLE PL/SQL
- Big Data technology stack (Spark, HDFS)
- AWS or similar cloud service providers
- Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic or Websphere
- Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Agile, Scrum
- Performance tuning using tools such as JProfiler
- Financial experience
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.