- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Assistant Director Research Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA• Conducting complex theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk and fixed income valuation;
• Partnering with clients in measuring and managing risks in their portfolios, as well assist clients and internal marketing and client services teams on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
• Collaborating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
• Providing research expertise to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities;
• Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally;
• Partnering with the client services team on quantitative consulting projects.
- You will be part of the Research team.
• Masters in finance, mathematical finance, computational finance, financial engineering, economics, industrial engineering and operations research, statistics or a closely related field;
• Expert level proficiency with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, SAS, or Matlab;
• Knowledge or willingness to learn concepts of quantitative methods in finance;
• Experience working with Compustat, Bloomberg, CRSP or other related financial databases is welcome;
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.