Do you have a strong investment focus? Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Develop, communicate and supervise operating strategy for assigned portfolio of properties with goal of maximizing total investment returns
• Demonstrate full command of all aspects of the asset ranging from physical, legal, and operational to market issues
• Develop annual business plan, operating budget, and hold/sell strategy for each assigned asset
• Following thorough analysis of options, direct, negotiate and approve (or recommend as delegation of authority allows) property level transactions to include leasing decisions, marketing strategy and capital improvements
• Direct lease negotiations
• Supervise and direct the performance of property management firms, leasing companies, and 3rd party vendors such as legal and engineering support
• Ensure accuracy of invoices relating to capital, legal, leasing commissions and other 3rd party contracts
• Supervise the preparation and accuracy of reports including Hold/Sells, Update Valuation Reviews, Five Quarter Forecasts and Property Profiles
• Negotiate, interpret, and implement management agreements, leasing agreements, partnership agreements, mortgage instruments, vendor contracts, etc.
• Evaluate property performance relative to competition and the objectives established in the annual operating plan (i.e. market repositioning, development of tenant retention programs, management of lease expirations, management of capital improvements)
• Travel to assigned properties, generally at least once per quarter
• Review monthly reporting packages, evaluate variances and trends in operating income and expenses, and communicate results with Portfolio Management
• Participate in the acquisition process as the asset management team member
• Assist the Sales Unit in the marketing and disposition of targeted assets
• Aggressively pursue ad valorem relief
• Verify and comment on property information for appraisers
You'll be a member of the San Francisco based Asset Management group.
Your experience and skills
• Strong, diverse real estate investment and asset management experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present strategy, recommendations, and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
• Time management/organizational skills including ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet deadlines
• Team Building - ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and clients
• People Management – ability to effectively manage internal and external resources
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness
• Eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Argus
• BA degree in business, economics or real estate desired.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.