Analytic Consultant 3
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 19 Sep 17
Analytic Consultant 3
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Let's talk about building a rewarding career. You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Analytic Consultant 3 will be part of the Governance, Reporting, and Strategic Initiatives team within the Business Integration Services (BIS) group supporting Operational Risk and Compliance (ORC). We are seeking an Analytic Consultant to bring their strong data analytics experience and self-motivated approach to support the design and development of a new Operational Risk and Compliance reporting structure. This Analytic Consultant will work closely with the risk programs and business groups as well as multiple data managers, and will be responsible for consolidating and validating data from multiple sources. This job requires the usage of multiple databases, adherence to internal data management regulations and policies, and adherence to external regulatory bodies and requirements.
Preferred locations are Charlotte, NC and San Francisco, CA; however other Wells Fargo hub locations may be considered.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- SQL or SAS experience
- Ability to create dynamic client-ready investment related PowerPoint presentations including: charts and graphs
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Good analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Experience creating reports using PowerPivot
- Knowledge and understanding of BCBS-239 principles
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong experience with Excel for data analysis and presentation, including macros, pivot tables, and graphs
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data analysis, data aggregation, and database construction and manipulation
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.