Finance and Corporate Development Professional
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Viking Therapeutics
- 26 Sep 16
Public biotech company seeks finance and corporate development professional.
Public biotech company seeks finance and corporate development professional. Level commensurate with experience; VP-level desirable. Investment banking, finance, consulting, or equity research experience desirable. The successful candidate will enter a ground-floor opportunity in a newly public company. The individual will work with the executive team and report to the CEO. Requires a minimum 10 years of exposure to, or experience within, the biotechnology sector and particular experience with the following:
- Corporate and business development.
- Financial modeling, forecasting, valuation.
- Investor relations and corporate communications.
- Biotechnology company operations.
- The clinical trial process and drug development.
Additional qualifications and job duties:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at company meetings, including board of directors meetings.
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping management informed of critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, to investors, stakeholders, and collaboration/business counter-parties.
- Provide operational support to senior management regarding ongoing development programs.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of the annual budget process.
- Ensure that the company is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to senior management.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Business, Finance, or Accounting background is desirable, a master’s in business administration is preferred.
- Investment banking or research analyst-type background is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience or direct exposure to the biotechnology industry.
- Familiarity with public company finance and accounting regulations.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the company's board of directors, and staff.
For more information please contact email@example.com