Business Analyst, Office of the Founding Partners
- 50-80K+, DOE
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bridgewest Group
- 22 Sep 16
The Bridgewest Group has an immediate opportunity for a business analyst to join our company, primarily to support the Founding Partners. The Business Analyst will support the Founding Partners to ensure that they have the tools and resources to push company goals and initiatives forward. The role supports the overall effectiveness and organization of the Founding Partners and represents them both internally and externally. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and excellent analytical skills.
The individual who previously held this position was recently promoted to an executive role within the organization. If you are ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity, and are a top-notch project manager, we invite you to apply for this role!
This role is based in San Diego, California.
- Work to increase the impact of the Founding Partners through support and organization.
- Amplify the Founding Partner’s ability to lead and reinforce a culture of accountability by tracking deliverables requested to ensure expectations and timelines are met.
- Assist the Founding Partners in developing strategic initiatives that steer the company and, when necessary, become an active member of project teams tasked with implementing the strategic initiatives.
- Comprehend complex data and have the ability to analyze and present it to executives in a clear, concise and substantive manner.
- Draft the correspondence and Excel spreadsheets and prepare PowerPoint and other presentations as needed.
- Enable the Founding Partners to be well organized and help prioritize their schedules through sound judgment in managing priorities of requests based on importance, urgency and strategic context.
- Perform top level administrative duties in support of the Founding Partners, including managing complex schedules with a high volume of meetings and appointments.
- Manage travel arrangements for the Founding Partners by independently researching options for hotels, flights and private plane arrangements, and ground transportation, and making the necessary reservations; prepare itineraries.
- With an understanding of business protocols associated with Founding Partners’ clients and business associates, effectively interact with senior leaders, VIPs and their executive assistants while appropriately representing the Founding Partners.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate on-site and off-site executive leadership meetings and functions, including researching potential meeting locations, obtaining quotes and proposals, presenting recommendations to the Founding Partners, and negotiating contracts with the various hotels and vendors.
- Play a key role in the preparation of materials for periodic meetings between the Founding Partners and the executives of numerous portfolio companies.
- Travel as necessary on a variety of business trips.
The Office of the Founding Partners encompasses exposure to highly confidential material and matters. The Business Analyst must use sound judgment, discretion and be of the utmost character to maintain confidentiality. Unwavering integrity is a must.
- Bachelors degree required. MBA degree preferred.
- 2+ years of progressive work experience in a professional environment preferred. Experience with investing or data analytics preferred. If you are ambitious and brilliant, we would love to speak with you!
- The capacity to analyze data and come up with reasonable hypotheses and strong solutions; problem solving here is often not straightforward but we seek clear solutions to complex, ambiguous problems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to anticipate needs and issues to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to evaluate business models and make strategic recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to effectively communicate complex issues and sophisticated business models internally and externally.
- Must be an efficient, detail-oriented, and organized person who is responsive to deadlines and effective in a results-driven environment.
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel including a strong ability to create compelling presentations for senior audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple commitments, to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously, and to work under tight timelines.
- Proven leadership skills and the capability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams and to drive organizational alignment.
- Must have experience working in a high-paced, high urgency environment that requires discretion, diplomacy and judgment.
- Must be able to adapt to a flexible and quickly changing work schedule; occasionally work from home or at odd hours; must be available weekends for calls, emails, and making arrangements.
- Must be able to travel periodically for off-site meetings; occasional overnight travel is required.
For consideration please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.