Cloud Solutions Architect
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Sep 17
Cloud Solutions Architect
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Cloud Architect Description
Reporting to the SVP of Cloud and Data Center Services , the Cloud Solution Architect is part of a global team responsible for overseeing Franklin Templeton's cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud infrastructure design, and cloud management and monitoring. Cloud solution architects oversee infrastructure architecture and deployment in cloud environments - including public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud. Additionally, cloud solution architects act as consultants to their organization and need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and issues.
This role within Franklin Templeton Investments is focused on enabling the following three (3) main benefits of cloud computing:
1. Self-service provisioning: Enabling internal users to deploy cloud resources for compute on demand.
2. Elasticity: Providing the ability to scale up as computing needs increase and scale down again as demands decrease.
3. Usage based charge backs: Ensuring compute resources are measured at a granular level, allowing users to pay only for the resources and workloads they use.
Seeking a self-driven cloud solution architect who is responsible for strategic leadership, oversight and implementation of solutions and collateral developed by the Cloud & Platform Engineering Team. Leading cross-functional teams to drive efficient business operations are essential responsibilities of this leadership role. Working in a team environment, the cloud solution architect will be responsible for providing technology consulting to internal business clients and internal project teams. The focus of this role will be around Azure platform deployments for internal clients. The Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technical solutions designed to meet client's business needs.
As a trusted advisor, the Architect will create and maintain effective client relationships to ensure high client satisfaction. This highly motivated individual will maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
• Technology and business enablement advocate to advise the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
• Provide expert guidance to clients, driving solution architecture, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
• Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures.
• Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map client business requirements to cloud solution / technologies.
• Create and implement a cloud solution roadmap and select the right infrastructure and technology platform or product based on in-depth knowledge of one and broad knowledge of other technologies and/or alliance product landscape.
• Able to independently complete cloud solution implementation or infrastructure design deliverables.
• Able to learn quickly, and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility.
• Mentor others and assist them with their professional development.
• Provide effective leadership, development, coaching and guidance to the team, and Lines of Business.
• Independently manage high impact cross-functional initiatives as required by leadership team.
• Channel incoming inquiries and requests by internal and external stakeholders to appropriate cloud resolution.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to educate and enroll business and technology customers on Cloud practices, technologies and solutions
• Extensive experience of designing, developing, and testing complex infrastructure solutions which support business operations and transformation of IT as a Service (ITaaS).
• Experienced designing, developing, and testing complex solutions to support distributed, scalable and highly available applications.
• Deep knowledge and interest in major public cloud offerings (i.e. Microsoft Azure, AWS, OpenStack, Apache CloudStack, etc.) and related Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service capabilities.
• Experience with cloud automation, cloud orchestration and cloud brokerage services
• Strong infrastructure automation skills, with experience in automating tasks via scripted and programmed tasks
• Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deliver pipeline is a big plus
• Ability to spot business challenges and develop technical solutions to solve those challenges
• Deep, fundamental understanding of virtualization, private, hybrid and public cloud computing concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical teams
• 8+ years' experience in a highly complex, dynamic environment with leadership responsibilities
• BS degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Demonstrated experience and expertise influencing to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of cloud solutions
Education, Experience & Training
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of technology related project management experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience of systems integration/administration within an agile organizations implementing complex IT solutions
• 6+ years of customer interaction in a technical, technical sales, or technical leadership role.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.