Research Analyst (Korean)
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Himalaya Capital
- 26 Sep 16
Himalaya Capital is a $4bn value investment fund management firm that employs the classic value investment principles of Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett and Charles Munger, and primarily focuses on investment opportunities in Asia and North America--both in publicly-traded securities and privately-held companies.
Himalaya Capital is seeking a highly qualified individual to join the firm as a Korean Research Analyst. We follow a disciplined investment process to implement our classic value investment philosophy. The successful candidate will be a generalist and involved in all areas of research within the firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for covering companies in Korea. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Monitor daily news flow, company disclosures and reports, and major corporate events.
- Conduct in-depth research on potential investments. This entails leveraging public filings, sell-side analysts, industry experts and investor relations representatives to build a detailed, long-term earnings model
- Meet with management to discuss the company’s business model and strategy
- Perform industry analysis including studying business cycles and competitors
- Present findings and make investment recommendations to the portfolio manager
- Monitor industry and company-level developments on an ongoing basis for portfolio companies
*WRITTEN AND VERBAL PROFIENCY IN BOTH KOREAN AND ENGLISH REQUIRED*
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Fluency in Korean and excellent communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in value investment
- A strong background (academic and/or work-related) in company valuation and financial statement analysis.
- An advanced skill level in excel spreadsheet and financial modeling.
- An MBA and/or 2-6 years of work experience preferred. Previous asset management experience is not required.
- A strong work ethic; unquestionable integrity and ethical character.
- A predisposition to being self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful
To apply for this position please email 1) a resume, 2) a sample research report, and 3) a cover letter to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Only applications with these materials will be considered. Due to the volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
H-1B, F-1 Optional Practical Training, US or Canadian citizenship