Marketing Communications: Oversee strategic planning, development, implementation and measurement of all marketing messaging programs; promoting business plans, company products aligned with sales and overall strategic business initiatives.
Market Research: Oversee research and analysis of the company’s markets, competition and product mix. Conduct research studies and make presentation on new and future market conditions.
Corporate Media Relations & Communications: Oversee generalized public relations in connection with positioning the company in the marketplace. Oversee various communications within the organization and may engage with other corporate communications programs.
Brand Management: Oversee the development and implementation of the brand strategy for individual lines of business or enterprise wide campaigns. Leverage customer insights and market intelligence in developing approaches to linking Western’s brand identity with Western’s products and solutions.
Oversee the Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Publications and Communications teams.
Partner with Information Technology and Human Resources on internal company culture and employee communications.
In concert with the Business Continuity and Information Security teams, handles crisis/emergency management communications as needed.
· Leads through highly complex initiatives and requires in-depth knowledge of the competitive environment, technology, economic and social implications aligned with strategy
· Must possess strong business acumen. Must develop in-depth knowledge of the Company’s products and services
· Should have 10 or more years of progressive experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated results in leading through complete lifecycles. Must have at least 5 years’ experience managing complex and diversified teams
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
· Possesses significant experience with current media practices, marketing tools and techniques, especially social media
· Strong attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Communications or related discipline
MBA or other Master’s degree a plus.