Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Team Lead, Settlements
The Team Lead, Settlements will support responsibilities assigned to Settlements and assist the Manager to provide over sight for day to day tasks assigned to the Settlement Team. This position will be responsible for the smooth operation for securities trade settlement by confirming and finalizing transactions, communicating with brokers and custodian banks and resolving trade discrepancies. This position will also have responsibilities for handling the settlement of Global Fixed Income Securities and Derivatives, including Swaps, Options, Futures, and Bank Loans. The Team Lead, Settlements will also assist with monitoring collateral, and confirming Margin Variation Cash Flows.
- Confirm all trades daily on the day of execution. Obtain trade tickets from Portfolio Managers via Trade Blotter; confirm all aspects of trades via telephone
- Oversee Swap, Derivative and other complex trades from post-execution through post-settlement. Tasks include cash flow verification, broker confirmations, collateral and margin calculation, and position monitoring.
- Execute documents and settle trades for Bank Loans through Clear Par or manual processes.
- Provide trade instructions to banks via letters, fax, autofax, and electronic messaging.
- Monitor trade settlement status and follow through on pending transactions for timely settlements.
- Assist the Supervisor to resolve daily settlement issues - failed settlements, SPO charges, claims, and overdrafts, involving research, communication, and problem solving.
- Review end-of-day reports to ensure daily trades are reflected accurately; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Gather delivery instructions from Custodian Banks and set-up on ALERT.
- Affirm select accounts via ACTION system.
- Conduct special projects, as requested, by Settlements Manager or Senior Management.
- Support SAS 70 requirements for the Operations Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or similar field.
- Two plus (2+) years of experience performing similar duties with a buy-side fixed income asset manager, or equivalent sell side experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (must establish good rapport with internal and external business partners, including broker/dealers and custodians)
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills (must establish good rapport with internal and external business partners including custodians and brokers)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines
- Solid knowledge of MS software, Excel and Word
- Familiarity with, Bloomberg, Trade Web, and OMGEO ALERT, FailStation is desired
- Knowledge of global fixed income securities/instruments, including derivatives and currency is strongly preferred
- Experience with Financial Services industry including global securities and foreign currency transactions